|Getting there||By CAR or By BUS|
Heraklion – Arkalochori – Kato Kastelliana – Tsoutsouros
|Location||Tsoutsouros, Crete, Greece, Europe|
What is Tsoutsouros famous for?
The small village of Tsoutsouros is on the south coast of Crete, 65 km from Heraklion.
Not so popular with the tourists, this village will surprise you with pitoresque views.
The village of Tsoutsouros was built on the ruins of the ancient city of Inatos. The ruins are not visible and few objects found in the area are displayed in Heraklion Archeological Museum.
What can you visit in Tsoutsouros?
- Tsoutsouras Beach
- Iantos Eileithyia Cave (Eileithyia – the goddess of childbirth, the daughter of Zeus and Hera ) – the cave where the goddess was worshiped. The cave is located at the entrance of the village of Tsoutsouros at the base of the rock. The most important findings of the cave are exhibited at the Archeological Museum of Heraklion.
Where you can eat good food in Tsoutsouros?
- Meat & Fish Grill House “Grillos” – Good prices, good quality, good atmosphere
- Zorbas – a beach taverna, amazing seafood, and fish dishes, good pricing
- Sarakina Rooms – fish and local dishes
Where you can stay in Tsoutsouros?
- Elouthia Residence with Sea View
Crete – tourism and travel guide
- Amazing Holiday
- Ancient site
- Archaeological site
- city escape
- Crete travel attraction
- great travel
- Holiday and Trips
- knossos palace
- Minoan civilization
- myth of Daedalus
- myth of the Minotaur
- popular destination
- Travel to Crete
- Travel to Greece
- true wonder
- world travel