Top Tourist Attractions in Paris
The Eiffel Tower is a wrought-iron tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. It is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower.
The Eiffel Tower has three levels for visitors, with restaurants on the first and second levels. The top level’s upper platform is 276 m (906 ft) above the ground – the highest observation deck accessible to the public in the European Union.
The Eiffel Tower is open all year!
- 13 June – 29 August
- By Lift: 9:00 am – 0:45 am Last ascent before 11.30 pm. (before 11 pm for the top)
- Stairs 9:00 am – 0:30 am. The last ascent before midnight
- Rest of year
- By Lift: 9:30 am – 23:45 pm Last ascent before 11 pm.
- Stairs: 9:30 am – 18:30 pm Last ascent before 6 pm
The Louvre or the Louvre Museum is the world’s largest art museum and a historic monument in Paris, France.
- The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 am to 6 pm
- Night opening until 9:45 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Free admission on the first Saturday of each month from 6 pm to 9:45 pm as of January 2019.
- Closed on the following holidays: January 1, May 1, May 8, December 25
Palais Garnier, Opera House
The Palais Garnier or Opéra Garnier, opera house at the Place de l’Opéra is in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. It was built for the Paris Opera from 1861 to 1875 at the behest of Emperor Napoleon III.
- You can visit Opéra Garnier every day from 10 am to 4:30 pm (10 am – 6:15 pm during the summer period) except for exceptional closures or opening times.
- Annual closure dates: 25 December, 1st January, and 1st May.
The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, known as Sacré-Cœur Basilica is a Roman Catholic church and minor basilica, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in Paris, France. The basilica is a popular landmark and the second most visited monument in Paris.
- The Basilica is open every day from 6 am to 10.30 pm. The entrance is free. Reservation is not needed.
- The Dome can be visited every day from 8.30 am to 8 pm (May to September) and 9 am to 5 pm (October to April). Warning: there are 300 steps to climb and no lift! These times are subject to change and can vary according to the weather. Admission charge: There are various rates to access the Dome. Please ask for further information.
Notre–Dame de Paris, also called Notre–Dame Cathedral, cathedral church in Paris, France. It is the most famous of the Gothic cathedrals of the Middle Ages and is distinguished for its size, antiquity, and architectural interest.
Before the fire approximately 12 million people visited Notre-Dame annually, making it the most visited monument in Paris.
- The Notre Dame has been closed since the fire broke out on April 15th, and officials anticipate it will remain closed for another five or six years before it is once again rebuilt and safe to enter.
La Madeleine Church
La Madeleine Church or L’église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church. La Madeleine Church is surrounded by 52 Corinthian columns and astounds visitors with its unusual architecture, in the form of a Greek temple, as well as its imposing presence.
- Open every day from 9.30 am to 7 pm.
- Free entry
- Exceptional opening: 1 January, Easter, Easter Monday, Ascension Day, 1 May, 8 May, Whitsuntide, Whit Monday, 14 July, 15 August, 1 November, 11 November, 25 December
Palace of Versailles
The Palace of Versailles is today a well-preserved World Heritage Site visited by millions. Travelers from across the globe come to see Versailles’ legendary gardens, the Hall of Mirrors with several glittering chandeliers, and 357 individual mirrors, the Grand Trianon and Petit Trianon located within the park.
Detailed opening times: http://en.chateauversailles.fr/plan-your-visit/practical-information
- amazing holiday
- Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris
- city escape
- Eiffel Tower
- france tourism
- great travel
- holiday and trips
- holiday blog
- louvre museum
- notre-dame cathedral
- Opéra Garnier
- Opera House
- Our Lady of Paris
- Palais Garnier
- paris travel
- popular destination
- The Louvre
- Top Tourist Attractions in Paris
- travel blog
- travel guide france
- travel guide paris
- travel to paris
- true wonder
- what to visit in paris
- world travel