Rakotzbrücke – The most fascinating Devil’s Bridge in Germany
|Altes Schloß 11, 02953 Gablenz, Germany, Europe|
|Opening Hours||Important: The park is open for a visit but the bridge is UNDER CONSTRUCTION: The water had been drained from the lake.|
|The best way is to get there by Car|
• 2-hour drive from the center of Berlin (172 km) or Dresden (190 km)
• 6 hours from Munich (600 km)
• Closest airport: Schoenefeld airport – Berlin
• Train from Berlin to the town of Cottbus and after, train to the town of Weibwasser
|What to visit near Rakotzbrücke||Muskau Park|
Waldeisenbahn Muskau – narrow-gauge railway
Rakotzbrücke – Devil’s Bridge
It is located in Azalea and Rhododendron Park Kromlau, the largest park in Gablenz, Germany. Azalea and Rhododendron Park Kromlau is a 19th-century park with arch bridges, ponds, a historical mansion, and many rhododendrons.
Today, the bridge can still be viewed in the park but crossing the Devil’s Bridge is not allowed in order to preserve it
The Rakotzbrücke is designed in such a way that the arch represents half of a circle. When the water from the lake is still and calm a perfect circle can be seen.
Legends of Devil’s Bridge
The architect made a pact with the Devil himself to be able to build this unique bridge. The devil demanded to take the soul of the first person who would cross the bridge.
Another legend says that the Rakotzbrucke claims that one will uncover his mystic abilities within if you sail in a boat under the Devil’s bridge at a full moon.
Another legend say that you will see the face of the Devil if you look sideways.
Other legends say that the bridge is a portal to another world.
Most Devil’s Bridges are located in Europe.
In France, there are around 49 bridges
These bridges are called like this because it is believed that all these bridges have a legend that involves the Devil.
Most of the bridges are made of stone with distinct masonic arches
Travel Tips to visit Rakotzbrücke – Devil’s Bridge
- Do not forget your camera. It is worth spending some time to grab the beauty of this Bridge on photos and videos.
- The best time to visit is during the Autumn when the scene surrounding the bridge is beautiful.
- During the summertime, the lake can be dried.
- During the winter, the lake can be frozen and the reflection can’t be seen.
holiday and trips to Germany
- Adventure blog
- amazing holiday
- ancient legend
- city escape
- Devil’s Bridge
- Devil's Bridge
- great travel
- holiday and trips
- i am free
- Legends of Devil’s Bridge
- popular destination
- the most famous dom
- the ultimate guide
- the ultimate travel guide
- travel blog
- travel guide germany
- travel to germany
- trip to bavaria
- true wonder
- turistic blog
- world travel