Peles Castle, Sinaia | The most beautiful castle in Romania
- TOURIST INFO
- PELES – A CASTLE WITH ALL THE UTILITIES
- MAKE PLACE FOR A CASTLE
- MANY SURPRISES, INSIDE
- THE MOST IMPORTANT ROOMS IN PELES CASTLE
- OTHER ROOMS
|Getting there||By Car – 142 km from Bucharest|
By train – Closest railway station: Sinaia
It takes about 30 minutes to walk from the last parking lot to the entrance. At the entrance you will find the ticket office.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 9:15 AM – 4:15 PM
Wednesday: 11 AM – 4.15 PM
25, 28 December 2020, 1 January 2021 – Closed
The ticket office closes at 4.10 PM
Check the official SITE for last updates on Visiting Hours or COVID Measures
|Ticket Prices||Adults – 30 lei / 7 Eur|
Pensioners – 15 lei / 4 Eur
Pupils, students – 7.5 lei / 2 Eur
Euro Card <26 – 7.5 lei / 2 Eur
Foto Fee: 35 lei / device | 7.5 Eur
Video Fee: 60 lei / device | 12.5 Eur
|Location||Sinaia, Prahova County, Romania, Europe|
PELES – A CASTLE WITH ALL THE UTILITIES
- Peles Castle was built at the initiative of King Carol I, to serve as a summer residence
- When the works were completed, Peles had become one of the few buildings in the world that had central heating, electricity, telephone, telegraph, sewerage, running water in the bathrooms.
- At the base of Peles Castle, two parchments along with a collection of coins minted in small numbers in the image of Prince Carol, were deposited in a glass tube, and it was closed in another lead tube. On the parchments are inscribed the declaration of intent and the foundation deed of the castle.
MAKE PLACE FOR A CASTLE
- In 1873, the course of the Peles river was deviated for making the space for the castle.
- Peles Castle is the first construction in Romania whose foundation is made of concrete.
MANY SURPRISES, INSIDE
- The 2,000 sculptures from Hall of Honor were made by 140 artists who worked for six months, day and night.
- All the fireplaces in the castle are fake. There was never a fire in them. Mask heaters, then radiators. They had the function of preserving the air of the era in which Peles was built.
- The castle has 160 rooms with several entrances and interior stairs. The central tower is 66 meters high.
- At the queen’s request, a Japanese porcelain coffee service called “eggshell” was purchased, characterized by the fact that it is so thin that it is translucent. It is supposed to have been transported in butter, so that the fine porcelain is not affected along the way.
- The Royal Library has a secret door, an access way behind a bookshelf.
- The Royal Bedroom is lit by a Bohemian crystal chandelier.
- The Armory Room has 4,000 pieces of weaponry
- The Royal Library, is home to unique manuscripts decorated in gold
THE MOST IMPORTANT ROOMS IN PELES CASTLE
- The Hall of Honor
- The Royal Library
- The Armory Room
- The Music Hall
- The Florentine Hall
- The Moorish Hall
- The Theater Hall
- The Concert Hall
- The Imperial Apartment
- The Council Chamber
- The office
- The living room
- Turkish Salon
- The Royal Bedroom
- Amazing Holiday
- castle in romania
- city escape
- fairytale castle
- great travel
- Holiday and Trips
- Peles Castle
- peles romania
- popular destination
- true wonder
- world travel