This post is also available in: Română
|Status||Damaged by fire on the 15th of April 2019, Temporarily closed.|
|Location||6 Parvis Notre-Dame – Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris, France, Europe|
Notre Dame – a medieval Catholic cathedral
- Notre–Dame is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is consecrated to the Virgin Mary and considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture. Its innovative use of the rib vault and flying buttress, its enormous and colorful rose windows, and the naturalism and abundance of its sculptural decoration set it apart from the earlier Romanesque style.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Before the fire approximately 12 million people visited Notre-Dame annually, making it the most visited monument in Paris.
- The two towers are 223 feet (68 meters) high
- Notre-Dame de Paris, also called Notre-Dame Cathedral, cathedral church in Paris, France. It is the most famous of the Gothic cathedrals of the Middle Ages and is distinguished for its size, antiquity, and architectural interest.
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame
- Victor Hugo used the cathedral as a setting for his 1831 novel, “The Hunchback of Notre-Dame”. Quasimodo, the main character, is feared by Parisians because of his deformity but finds sanctuary in the cathedral and is employed as a bell-ringer.
- The Notre-Dame organ involves almost 8000 pipes played with five keyboards, making it one of the biggest pipe organ in France
Alchemists Philosopher’s Stone
- Alchemists claim that the main door and the surrounding statues hide, in fact, the recipe through which the Philosopher’s Stone can be obtained.
- The themes of Gnostic teaching, so present in the Rex Deus traditions of initiatory spirituality, are symbolically repeated in the excess of four petals, on the western sides of the cathedrals of Amiens and Notre-Dame in Paris, which are obviously alchemistic symbols.
- amazing holiday
- city escape
- great travel
- holiday and trips
- notre-dame cathedral
- Our Lady of Paris
- popular destination
- travel guide france
- travel guide paris
- travel to paris
- true wonder
- what to visit in paris
- world travel