This post is also available in: Română
|Tickets||Adults: 5 Lei
Photo / Video fee – Free
|Location||Vanatori Village, code 617502, Neamt county, Romania|
- An amazing historical bulding, the foundations of Neamt Monastery have been laid since the fourteenth century.
- Neamt monastery has the most beautiful interior – dark, mysterious, covered in frescoes.
- Stephen the Great decided to build a new church by cancelling the restoration of the old church. The new church, called „The Holy Ascension of the Lord” was sanctified on 14th of November, 1497.
- When you walk through the entrance tunnel, which has a solid wooden gate, dating from 1769, you immediately see the Church of the Ascension on you left hand side. Take a moment and contemplate the view.
- The first monks who arrived here built a wooden church.
- In the chamber of the tombs is the tomb of Stefan al II-lea, son of Alexandru cel Bun and uncle of Stefan cel Mare.
Other objectives near by:
Church of St. John Iacob Hozevitul
Mihail Sadoveanu Museum – The writer lived here between 1944 and 1961, being his summer residence
The Vovidenia Hermitage
Icoana Noua Hermitage
Icoana Veche Hermitage
- amazing holiday
- city escape
- great travel
- Neamt Monastery
- popular destination
- travel to Romania
- true wonder
- world travel