Arbore Monastery's frescoes depict religious and historical scenes: The Hymn of the Prayers to the Virgin, The Siege of Constantinople, The Last Judgment, The Prodigal Son and many others.
|Type||Monastery / UNESCO|
|When to visit||Every Day, Day time|
|Location||Arbore Village, Suceava County, Romania, Europe|
Arbore Monastery – UNESCO – Painted Churches of Moldavia
- Arbore Monastery is dedicated to the Beheading of St. John the Baptist.
- Arbore Monastery has been added by UNESCO on its list of World Heritage Sites, as one of the Painted Churches of Moldavia.
- Its exterior paintings were made by Dragos Coman.
- It has remarkable frescoes paintings with a predominantly green background. The green is in five shadows and 47 hues combined with red, blue, yellow, pink, and ochre.
- These frescoes depict religious and historical scenes: The Hymn of the Prayers to the Virgin, The Siege of Constantinople, The Last Judgment, The Prodigal Son, and many others.
- The artist proves to be a genius: a widely-traveled man, he innovates, has a new vision, he succeeds in making a bold synthesis of oriental, western elements laic elements.
| The Black Pottery of Marginea (15 Km)|