10 Best Tourist Attractions in the World in 2019 according to TripAdvisor
This post is also available in: Română
From the ancient ruins of Rome to the French Quarter of New Orleans each tourist attraction from this list will wow you.
- Colosseum | Rome, Italy
- Louvre Museum | Paris, France
- Vatican Museums | Rome, Italy
- Statue of Liberty | New York, USA
- Eiffel Tower | Paris, France
- Basilica of the Sagrada Familia | Barcelona, Spain
- French Quarter | New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Anne Frank House | Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Willis Tower Skydeck | Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Piazza San Marco | Venice, Italy
1. Colosseum | Rome, Italy
The Colosseum was a symbol of the might, the wealth, and the power of the Roman Empire. Construction started in 72 BC.
The Colosseum was originally called the Flavian Amphitheatre
2. Louvre Museum | Paris, France
The Louvre or the Louvre Museum is the world’s largest art museum and a historic monument in Paris, France.
Masterpieces that you must see in the Louvre: The Louvre glass Pyramid, Great Sphinx of Tanis, Law Code of Hammurabi, Venus de Milo, Winged Victory of Samothrace, The Mona Lisa, Roman statue of Tiber, The Wedding at Cana, The Cour Marly.
3. Vatican Museums | Rome, Italy
The Vatican Museums (Italian: Musei Vaticani) are Christian and art museums located within the city boundaries of the Vatican City.
The Vatican Museums contain one of the largest art collections in the world. Its 1400 rooms, chapels, and galleries constitute former wings of the Vatican Palace.
The Sistine Chapel is part of the Vatican’s Virtual Tour. Other museums: Pio Clementino Museum, Chiaramonti Museum, New Wing, Raphael’s Rooms, Niccoline Chapel, and Room of the Chiaroscuri.
4. Statue of Liberty | New York, USA
The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor in New York, in the United States.
The Statue of Liberty was given to the United States by France, as a symbol of the two countries’ friendship.
5. Eiffel Tower | Paris, France
The Eiffel Tower is a wrought-iron tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. It is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower.
6. Basilica of the Sagrada Familia | Barcelona, Spain
Sagrada Família, is an unfinished Roman Catholic minor basilica in Barcelona, Spain designed by architect Antoni Gaudí.
7. French Quarter | New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
A charming, historic neighborhood famous for its vibrant nightlife and colorful buildings with cast-iron balconies.
8. Anne Frank House | Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Anne Frank House is a writer’s house and biographical museum dedicated to Jewish wartime diarist Anne Frank. The building is located on a canal in central Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
9. Willis Tower Skydeck | Chicago, Illinois, USA
The Skydeck is located on the 103 rd floor of the Willis Tower in Chicago.
10. Piazza San Marco | Venice, Italy
Piazza San Marco (St Mark’s Square) is the principal public square of Venice, Italy.
The most famous buildings in the Piazza San Marco are St Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, the Museo Correr and the Campanile (the Basilica’s bell tower), and the Torre dell’ Orologio.
- 10 Best Tourist Attractions
- amazing holiday
- best countries to travel
- best places to visit
- Best tourist attraction
- city escape
- great travel
- holiday and trips
- most popular tourist attraction
- popular destination
- true wonder
- world travel